Monday, February 16, 2015

Entry #4: NY Times Review

Jeremy Scott, Moschino, Katy Perry: Who Scored at Super Bowl XLIX?- By Vanessa Friedman

I really enjoyed this article especially because I was able to watch the half-time show and see first-hand what events took place. With the wild and crazy outfits that Katy Perry was wearing that night, it was later discovered that Moschino designed her outfits. Katy Perry went from wearing a beach-ball mindress to a faux-fire dress. The outfits were brilliant in terms of design and bright colors that were applied to them. The creativity of the overall show was great.  

Attached is a picture from the NY Times Article, as well as some key terms relating to fashion!

  Here is a link to the article: http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/02/02/jeremy-scott-moschino-katy-perry-who-scored-at-super-bowl-xlix/?module=BlogPost-Title&version=Blog%20Main&contentCollection=Style&action=Click&pgtype=Blogs&region=Body


1.    SILHOUETTE & DESIGN

·      Moschino catwalk gown

·      Barbie silhouettes

·      Chain- mail t-shirt

·      Haute Couture


2.    DETAILS

·      Beach-ball minidress

·      Faux-fire dress

·      Leather

·      Saint Laurent

·      Moschino

·      Floor-length gold cape


3.    COLOR

·      Cartoon colors




4.    FABRIC

·      Leather


      5. CREATIVE “JARGON” (the language, especially the vocabulary peculiar to a particular trade,   profession, or group: fashion jargon. )
  • Creative director of Moschino
  • Exaggerated
  • “rock star cool”
  • Branding messaging












3 comments:

  1. Great post Aaron! I love Katy Perry, especially with her new purple hair! She is always wearing crazy outfits, and I admire her bold style. It is interesting to look past the performance, and to recognize that Moschino designed her outfits. Here is a link to a video of the half time show for another look at her magnificent wardrobe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BKoCSZM1-4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron- so glad you chose this topic! I am from Arizona which is where the Super Bowl was hosted this year! Needless to say the city was a mess, but Katy Perry most assuredly made up for that!! She coincidentally rented the home next to mine for the week, sadly I did not see her parading around in her flame outfit. However once it was revealed that Jeremy Scott had designed her Super Bowl ensembles, I immediately thought "I knew it!" I am a huge fan of his work most current and notably his Moschino Barbie collection... left me drooling! Since it seems your a fan of his too here is an article where he talks about his Katy Perry inspiration and the experience!
    http://www.style.com/trends/fashion/2015/katy-perry-super-bowl-halftime-show

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally don’t keep up with sports of any kind, but this year’s half time show was great! It was nice to see a performance by Missy Elliot as well as all the kooky clothing Katy wore. I thought your post was really interesting, especially since Moschino was mentioned which is currently my favorite brand since their outfits are so fun and whimsical. I also think it is interesting that you chose an article about the super bowl; I would have never thought about all the possible fashions that can be showcased during the halftime show. I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete