Most people nowadays do not want to see a post that involves a lot of words. No one has the time or the energy to read a long paragraph. Instead everything is purely visual for Instagram. Lets face it, nothing is sold to a consumer until they have seen the visual of the product.
Instagram has even replaced Google Images in a sense for some people, such as myself. If I want to find something or see a designers new collection, I will personally go to their Instagram page before anything else due to the elegance and simplicity that Instagram is able to provide.
Here are examples of how Instagram works. One picture is Burberry showing off their Winter 2015 collection and Louis Vuitton advertising their Iconoclast collection!


Hi Aaron! Great post, and great pictures. Instagram is really the leading social media site for retail stores.
ReplyDeleteHi Aaron! I totally agree with your post. Instagram is the new plate form brands must use to get their products to their consumers. You were correct in saying that most people have the time to view an image, but are too busy to actually read about it. With that being said, Instagram is the perfect business tool. I loved the Burberry collection, and I think that their instagram did a wonderful job showcasing the show. Here is a link to the show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL9JVxq6x2M
ReplyDeleteExactly with your point of replacing google images! But also, I think this only applies to fashion related searches. I agree that Instagram is an excellent platform for business to advertise their brand. Great post!
ReplyDeleteI think Instagram is very user friendly and reaches millions of people at any given moment. I agree that it is becoming a very useful tool for Fashion PR because it allows designers to showcase their merchandise and they are able to add a link to the picture which could be a link to buy the merchandise.
ReplyDelete